Work-from-home arrangements full steam ahead.
On Tuesday, March 17, 2020, the Philippine government placed the entire Luzon island in “Enhanced Community Quarantine” to contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Manila is a major City of Luzon island, which is home to over 48.5 million people, including Staff Domain’s employees.
With the strict home quarantine measures and the suspension of transportation, work from home (WFH) policies had to be enacted quickly to ensure the safety of our staff and business continuity for clients.
Two hours after learning of the government’s latest directive to combat the virus, the Staff Domain management team rolled out a blanket (WFH) policy which will remain in place until April 13, 2020.
Staff Domain’s Managing Director, Justin Pavsic personally visited the employees to hand over the computers.
WFH Set up inclusions
Whilst we enjoy high speed internet connections and the latest in technology at head office – many staff did not have the same set up at home. To ensure consistent productivity levels for the client and employee, Staff Domain provided the following:
- Company-issued PCs, delivered and set up by Staff Domain at each employees’ residence. This was based on an internal employee survey to determine who needed a computer at home.
- Faultless Internet connection for each employee, regardless of their home location.
- Set up of all systems to ensure remote connectivity to their office-based workstations at SD headquarters, ensuring data security and client files remain secured on all fronts.
The benefits of WFH for staff
The benefits for our staff are significant.
- Reduced travel time to and from work – which for some would have been north of 4 hours a day! With the introduction of various check points to perform temperature checks on each commuter, travel duration has the very real potential to double.
- With reduced travel and exposure, we have reduced the risk of staff contracting the virus.
- They are able to easily perform their roles as if they are in the office with no loss of productivity.
- They remain connected to their colleagues thanks to access to their normal collaboration tools.
Benefits of WFH for clients
Staff Domain’s clients have since enjoyed seamless and smooth business operations at no additional cost. We took care of everything from the paperwork, issuance of desktop computers and other peripherals to ensure each employee remains connected and accessible to their client.
Collaboration and cooperation breeds success
A heart felt thank you to our staff, HR and IT teams who worked fast and in collaboration to ensure that our clients experienced no down time. We are incredibly proud of how quickly and smoothly the team worked together – we could not have hoped for a better outcome.
Of course, without the support of our clients, none of this would have been possible. Thank you for your swift cooperation and support as always.
Staff Domain would like to wish all staff, clients and members of the global community all the very best during this challenging time. Please stay safe.
If we can help you in any way, please don’t hesitate to contact us.